Beeping sound while charging using adapter Thread

Problems / Issues Forum in Issues Section

(I posted this in general by accident, then I noticed this forum) thanks for your help. Anyone know why my ...
    Noodlesz is offline Landline Phone

Default Beeping sound while charging using adapter

(I posted this in general by accident, then I noticed this forum) thanks for your help.

Anyone know why my phone might keep beeping while it is charging using the wall adapter? It normally beeps when you plug it in and beeps again when you unplug. But now it happens every few seconds. I've tried various outlets and I don't think it's the voltage going up and down.

It seems like it thinks the charger is being plugged in and out constantly, but it's not, i'm just leaving it. And then the scren never goes off neither. Or anyone know how to turn off the beeping atleast?

I use the USB one and it's fine. Just plugs in works fine...the screen goes off as normal.

Worst case I'll use the wall charger and turn of the phone for the night and when I wake up it's fully charged. But I don't want to do that cuz I might miss an important call.

kennyli is offline Landline Phone

I have enocuntered the same problem exactly like you!

It took me few days to find out that the problem is the charger! Because the charger is not powerful enough. Either the voltage or current (Power) is lower than the phone expected, so the phone keep thiniking that the phone is fully charged. But as soon as the phone "think" that it is fully charged, than realize that, it is not fully charged so it start to charge again. The same thing keep repeating itself like a loop!

Check your charger. My new charger from LG is 5.1v (Voltage output) and 0.7A (Current output). Anything lower than this figure will end up keep beeping.

Strawbs is offline Site Team
    Sponsor
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 2,104
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by kennyli View Post

It took me few days to find out that the problem is the charger! Because the charger is not powerful enough. Either the voltage or current (Power) is lower than the phone expected, so the phone keep thiniking that the phone is fully charged. But as soon as the phone "think" that it is fully charged, than realize that, it is not fully charged so it start to charge again. The same thing keep repeating itself like a loop!

Check your charger. My new charger from LG is 5.1v (Voltage output) and 0.7A (Current output). Anything lower than this figure will end up keep beeping.
    that's exactly what I told someone with a similar issue! they said it was definetly the right charger, but I know it wasn't as I saw the same thing with a third party (LG) charger i bought from e-bay.

The problem is that the Viewty has a heavier duty battery than other LG handsets and the standard LG charger doesn't provide enough current to sufficiently charge it! you must have the charger designed for the Viewty or it will never fully charge.

tomtoon is offline Site Team
    Loyal Member

well the ones bought after post-january probably have the newer chargers as me and my sister bought ours in january and never had this problem.

kennyli is offline Landline Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbs View Post
    that's exactly what I told someone with a similar issue! they said it was definetly the right charger, but I know it wasn't as I saw the same thing with a third party (LG) charger i bought from e-bay.

The problem is that the Viewty has a heavier duty battery than other LG handsets and the standard LG charger doesn't provide enough current to sufficiently charge it! you must have the charger designed for the Viewty or it will never fully charge.

Not to meantion "third party charger", even charger for KE850 (Prada) is not powerful enough for KU990

Noodlesz is offline Landline Phone

Thanks Kenny and everyone else for your help. I bought a new charger today and it works fine, no more beeping except when you plug and unplug it! I'm so excited. hahah. It's a 3rd party one too I bought in HK for cheap.

Ridiculous how the real one doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyli View Post

twilightpinkz is offline New Member
    Please make this person feel extra welcome!

Exclamation Re: Beeping sound while charging using adapter

Heya.
    I have the exact same problem.
    & its driving me insane cause i use the alarm in the morning, so cant put my phone on silent during night.
    therefore i put it on charge till the dam thing starts beeping which is usually about 3'0 clock in the morning, then i take it off charge.
    and by the time i get out of the house, the battery has gone.

so please please can someone give me a link to one of thease high voltage chargers so my phone stops beeping.
    i even went into the o2 shop to complain, but the women looked at me as if i was crazy.

so please help.
    just want to get my phone from from stop beeping.
    thannnnkyou
    Gema.x