Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LG PC Suite can't find the phone Thread

Problems / Issues Forum in Issues Section

I've installed LG PC Suite and am trying to connect my phone to it but it can't find it through ...
    Hydrap is offline Landline Phone

Default LG PC Suite can't find the phone

I've installed LG PC Suite and am trying to connect my phone to it but it can't find it through neither bluetooth or USB, even though both are connected. My computer finds the phone instantly when I connect it to the computer, but LG PC Suite refuses to cooperate. Any idea why this is?

Thanks in advance!

saxo_appeal is offline 2G Mobile Phone

Mine does this ALL the time and what iv been told is to re install the cd onto the comp.
    Iv got Vista and i think there is issues within the program working with it

I've reinstalled mine a few times, no success. I'm using Windows XP, so the problem can't be Vista-exclusive.

Noone??

How am i to load files to the phone if the program isn't working...

Bundy87 is offline Site Team
    Loyal Member

Don't worry about the LG suite. Just connect your phone up to your computer using the usb cable and it should act like a usb drive. Do you have a memory card or are you trying to connect to the phones internal memory cause if you have a memory card make sure the phone is set to mass storage. This is how i connec up and have no problems.

skorps is offline 2G Mobile Phone

I had the same problems. My phone could not connect.

I tried another USB port and the phone does connect, but I cannot connect to the music manager. So I now just use the Contents area and drag the MP3's there.

Is your phones USB settings set to Data Storage or Mass Storage?

Data Storage will allow you to connect to LG PC Suite and Mass Data will allow your phone to act like a standalone hard drive.

Try Data Storage first. The settings can be found under Connectivity.

n1hilist is offline 2G Mobile Phone

Where does it not see your phone?

If PC Suite can initially detect your phone, but you cannot browse Contents / Messages etc; then make sure no applications / multitasking is being used on your phone, close everyhing down first, otherwise I find you can't browse the filesystem on the phone with PC Suite.

foggydew is offline New Member
    Please make this person feel extra welcome!

Default Re: LG PC Suite can't find the phone

My Viewty has the same problem connecting to PC Suite.

I understand you can connect as a mass storage device and this is fine. However i need to use my phone for business and have had my Sony Ericsson in daily sync with my PC which has helped me tremendously. Thus i require the PC Suite facility to be functional.

The USB connection just plain will not connect:

"Failed to connect

Failed to connect the mobile phone to the PC

Re-run the Connection Wizard"

The Bluetooth has better, if temperamental and flimsy, results; it will connect me perhaps 1 out of 4 or 5 attempts. However any attempt at Sync will break the connection.

I have spent the best part of today on this problem and have exhausted the forum boards in all the languages i can speak (English).

There surely must be a solution out there guys. Please help.

tjockarn is offline Landline Phone

I got problem with it to. First i couldnt see the phone in my computer when it was in Data storage. Mass Storage works great, but i wanna add Themes and programs. And what ive understand i need to connect through Data storage?
    I downloaded PC suite (didnt get any CD ) and now the computer can see the phone, but i canīt open. It just wont happen anything. If i right klick on the phone in "My Computer" and press Open then an white window is shown in an milli second. How can i explore my phone? To see anything, if i try to use the PC Suite the phone just stop the connection automaticly and i get a message that say there is no function for my phone.
    Anyone know what to do?

MironV is offline Site Team
    Loyal Member
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

hey guys.
    try by this.
    here's a small tutorial for working with LG PC Suite. hope this works.

Download LG PC Suite III from here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...eIII_Setup.exe or here AT&T LG Arena KM900 PC Suite Software Download | AT&T Cell Phones | Blog about att phones.

2. Install it. You need to have the LG K990 driver installed. Not sure if PC Suite III comes with one though.
    At this point i was unable to do anything with my KU990 (even if it was connected, PC Suite wasn't allowing me to do anything - asking to check the USB...) If you don't have any problem like this skip to step 4.

3. Go to the folder where PC Suite is installed. Example: C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LG PC Suite III then go into the folder "res", open the file "PhoneInfo.ini" and add the line "KU990=Sync,Contact,Contents,Message,Backup,Music,A AS,Java,ITK,VP,AutoRun" (without that space between A and AS - don't know but the forum doesn't let me write it together) right after the 3 similar ones (under [Phone]). Save the file.

4. TRY NOW.
    Last edited by MironV; 12-08-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast